In our vicinity
What is there to experience?
Kortessem is located in the beautiful Haspengouw countryside. The land of churches and castles. The fruit region par excellence with beautiful orchards and many plantations, fields and meadows. A must to visit during the spring when the blossoms lead in the new fruit season.
And if you visit us later, you may already be able to enjoy the cherries, strawberries or berries.
Or the juicy pears or crispy apples, because it is also wonderful to visit during autumn.
Kortessem is in a rural area, where you can enjoy the peace and natural surroundings. But Kortessem is also centrally located, near cities such as Hasselt, Tongeren, Sint-Truiden… and near the exit of the E313 highway.
Culinary you will be spoiled in our village with various food and beverage options within walking distance. Such as our own brasserie Oud Corteshem. Such as our own brasserie Oud Corteshem.
Hope to see you soon! Or during the plum season?
- Numerous marked walking trails: including those within the nature reserves of Nietelbroeken,
Zammelen, Bellevuebos, Eggertingen, …
- the information brochure “On a walk in Kortessem” with all the walks is available from us
- Cycling routes can be planned according to your own wishes, with the help of the cycling network. (Junction 122 is close to the accommodation)
- Pieter-Geert Buckinxroute 35,4 km
- the information brochure “Cycling in and around Kortessem” is available from us
Play and picnic zone “Het Hemelspark”
- Opeindestraat 3720 Kortessem
- located just 500 meters from the B&B
- in between the trees and ponds of the park, you can play
picnic or just enjoy
- from here you can explore the Hidden Beauty Bellevue Forest, one of the largest
forests of Haspengouw, with marked walking trails
Wine estate Schorpion
- the Schorpion family has 2 hectares of vineyards on the southern flank of Vliermaal
- Wine estate Schorpion is a household name in Flanders with their extremely qualitative
sparkling wines, made according to the Méthode Traditionelle
- Guided tours for groups are available by appointment
from March to September
Visit Hasselt 10 km
Visit Tongeren 12 km
Recreation in the vicinity:
- recreation: playground Alken, Bokrijk
- outdoor swimming pool: Hasselt, Tongeren, Wellen
- Barefoot walking trail: Zutendaal De Lieteberg
- Vespa rental: Hoeselt, Sint-Truiden
- Bicycle rental: Kortessem, Bokrijk, Hasselt, Lieteberg
- go Karting: Genk
- Movie theater: Euroscoop Genk, Kinepolis Hasselt
- shopping: Hasselt, Sint-Truiden, Bilzen, Maasmechelen Village 37 km
A little further, but still close:
Maastricht 28 km
Luik 39 km
Antwerpen 88 km
Brussel 90 km